Welcome to another blog post. Today I want to talk to you about my skin care routine, something I’ve been sticking to throughout 2017 and I’m definitely gonna keep using these products this year as well.
2017 was the year I really started caring about my skin and how it looked because I realized that a good looking skin is the perfect base for a good make up and since I love doing mine I thought I would just study and learn about how to keep my skin nice and healthy looking. I still have a lot to learn and improve but so far I find that these products have been working really well for my skin! Also I want to mention that this is what is working for ME and it may not work for you but I swear it’s worth trying the following products out if you have oily skin with imperfections (for instance, some acne scars or dark spots).
Thou I’ve mentioned my skin issues I consider myself lucky because I do not have huge scars or acne and most of the pimples I get come once a month… you know, being a girl is fun but sometimes we have to deal with that “once a month thing” and good news is, since I’ve started using these products I haven’t had to deal with imperfections and scars a lot because apparently I’ve found the right skin care for me AND an even better news is.. my skin care products are pretty affordable! So let’s jump into them!
1. Before applying any sort of cream or make up to our faces we want to make sure that the skin is absolutely clean and for this purpose I have chosen this Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin by La Roche-Posay. (You can find it in a 200 ml tube or a 400 ml bottle and the prices can go from 16 € to 22 € or sometimes even less if you buy it on the internet)
I’ve been using this foaming gel since August 2017 and I can say my skin has been getting benefit from it and one of the things that I immediately loved about this product is that unlike some others cleansers for oily skin, this doesn’t leave your face feeling dry. What I usually do is, I wet my face with hot water, then I use the foaming gel to wash it and after rinsing it off it reveals a clean and luminous skin! One of the biggest mistakes I’ve made when purchasing products for my face was that I used to go for very aggressive cleanser because I thought they were the best to clean my skin from every imperfection or pimple but one of the most important things when dealing with oily skin is that we have to remember that it still needs to be hydrated so go ahead and use products that aren’t too astringent or harsh for your skin or it eventually ends up creating more problems because they dehydrate it too much, and the result will be a too much oil production. So choose something that still works for oily skin but it’s not too aggressive and for me La Roche-Posay Foaming Gel has been the solution for keep oils away from my face while keeping it hydrated.
2. The second step is applying your face cream.
During years and years of trying to find the perfect product for me I have come to the conclusion that products of the same brand and the same range work best on your skin because the ingredients inside them are combined to work all together so that’s why I decided to go for the Effaclar DUO (+) cream which, more specifically, is a corrective unclogging care anti-imperfections, anti-marks treatment. (This comes in a 40 ml tube and the prices go from 12 to 17 €, depending on where you buy it; usually it’s cheaper if you buy it online). I apply this cream day and night and it’s amazing because it gently moisturizes the skin without feeling heavy or sticky and it absorbs very quickly leaving your skin oil free and soft. I usually start applying it on the areas where I have dark spots and then apply it all over my face. I’ve been struggling with acne scars and dark spots for a very long time and even thou I was very skeptical at the beginning now I have to say I’ve come to love this treatment: since I’ve been using it, my dark spots are fading away and even my skin texture has improved. Of course, as like any treatment, you need to be consistent and above all be patient: the skin needs time, love and care to reveal its best!
3. Now that our face is clean and moisturized let’s not forget this important step: under eye cream.
Whether you’re 20 or 50, the skin under your eyes needs care just like the rest of your face. I am blessed enough to not have to deal with severe under eye bags or dark circles around my eyes but sometimes I’ve noticed some of them and some dry skin around so I decided to go ahead and use a good cream to solve the issue. The eye cream I’m using at the moment is the Idéalia Anti-fatigue eye care by Vichy (This one comes in a 15 ml tube and the price can go from 17 to 20€). What I do is I apply the product on my clean skin and I tap it all around my eye area, from the inner corner to the outer and I keep tapping until the product is absorbed. I’ve been using this eye cream for about 6 months now and I have to say I love it! It is a rich nutrient eye cream with some golden pigments which will highlight your under eye skin leaving it feel hydrated and luminous. One of the good things about this cream is that you only need a small amount of it; in fact, I’ve only bought one tube since I’ve started using it and I still got some product left to use!
So that’s it for my daily skin care routine and I must say I’m pretty happy with it because my skin has never been better than this and I know being consistent has been helping with improving my situation! There are two more products I want to show you which are not in my daily routine but they contribute to make my skin look better so I make sure I never skip the following step: face scrub.
4. I prefer face scrubs over face masks because a face scrub, in my opinion and for what I’ve noticed on myself, can clean your face better because it takes the dirt and the dead skin away revealing a better texture, a luminous and just better looking skin. I usually do it twice a week and I try to keep it balanced: for example, if I do a scrub on a Tuesday, I won’t do it the next day as well because (again) it can be aggressive to scrub skin away from your face so I’ll repeat the face scrub on a Friday. The scrub I’m using is The Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub. (This is 16,95 € on their website for 200 g of product) The reasons why I love this scrub are: 1. It’s cheap and you can use it both on your body and on your face, 2. The ingredients in it are very simple, natural and amazing for your skin. If you like coffee and it’s smell (and I L-O-V-E them), you will love Frank Body. When it comes to treats like this, someone likes to go with the motto “the more the better” (which I am one of those people, don’t get me wrong! :P) but with this coffee scrub I’ve noticed that you really need a small handful for your whole body and like a tiny amount for your face. It leaves your skin luminous, healthy looking and with a better texture so for all of this goodness I would reccommend it and I 100% think it’s worth spending some money on the amazing Original Coffee Scrub by Frank Body.
5. Last but not least, rose water.
As you may know now, I love the smell of red roses (and if you love it too, you may be interested in reading this post of mine) and the reason why I started using rose water are, well, one: because I love its smell and two: I was looking for something to hydrate my face after a scrub or a face mask and I didn’t want to go for other creams since changing and using too many products may affect your skin in a bad way so I wanted to go for something natural and with as less ingredients as possible; rose water was the solution for me because I searched for one that was 100% natural and good for my skin. I got the one I have now on Amazon (I was very happy to find it there!) for 12 € and 100 ml of product. I do few sprays on my face and it smells exactly like red roses: natural, flowery and elegant plus it leaves the skin fresh and hydrated.
And that’s all I have for you guys today! Also, one big tip I have for maintaining a good looking skin is: do not use put on make up everyday because doing it can obstruct the pores, causing your skin to be dirty and therefore pimples and bad stuff coming out! So try to go for more no make up days and also drink water and eating healthy helps A LOT with maintaining a good looking skin!
So, thank you if you read it ’til here, I really appreciate it! Also I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all the people that are supporting me ’til now, it means so much to me! :* I hope you enjoyed this post and I’ll see you on my next one! Bye xx