Hello everyone! First of all, I want to thank anyone who’s supporting my blog, it is such a great thing to me! I am so happy you have decided to believe in me from the beginning and I promise more fun and interesting stuff is coming so stay tuned! ❤
Speaking of fun and interesting stuff… since spring is coming – Pardonne moi, I too love Game of Thrones, but with the new season coming I even feel like we can break the stereotypes! And also some old rules according to our wardrobe; because yes, be prepared everyone: ‘Tis the season to play with colours!
Oh yes… the last time I said it with THIS enthusiasm was when I was a child! I think colours are a great way not only to spice up any outfit, but to also make you feel better (at least this is what I’ve been experiencing lately) so if you want to read part one of this post, where I talk about how I switched up to colours starting from my home decor, you can read it here!
When it comes to my wardrobe, I often swear by the rule of neutrals ( let me know if you would like to read something about it! 😉 ) and until now I’ve been loving my black, my white, my greys and my beiges… but as the new year approached I felt very inspired looking at colours and wanted to start using them, so I decided to start with my home decor and I felt like that made a huge impact on the way colours make me feel! And we know… when something new not only inspires us, but also changes even a tiny aspect of life into something more positive, we feel as like that’s like the first morning coffee! (If you love it as much as I do, we just became best friends!)
So, if you want to know how I’m planning to change my wardrobe for the next season, then please keep reading! Please notice that I do not own any of the images below, all credits belong to the respective websites.
So, as you may have guessed by now, the number one rule for me for the new season is:
1. ADD MORE COLOURS TO MY WARDROBE
Don’t get me too wrong, I still love my neutrals and I think they’re a passe-partout and if you’re like me someone who loves and swears by them, you may find adding colours unusual and maybe even scary, but as Mrs. Anna Wintour (a.k.a. the boss of fashion) said “Fashion is about looking forward” and for me, looking forward this year will mean to experiment more with colours, and I even found myself being a fan of some good colour block, so I may include them in some of my outfits! I am going to try to add to my wardrobe some bright shades as well, such as oranges and purple, as well as pinks and reds.
- Purple Dress is from ZARA, click here if you want to have a more detailed look
- Floral print blouse is from Zalando, click here to check it out!
- Those amazing decolleté are from Zalando as well, check them out!
- How cute is this purple-blue pink blouse? And I absolutely love the big pink bow, it makes this blouse very feminine and definitely interesting.
- I don’t know you guys, but I’m in love with the green of this polo shirt! It reminds me a lot of royalty (if it makes any sense)
- Last but not least, this bright orange dress is from Karen Millen and l love the colour! After watching this, I will definitely going to try to add more bright orange into my wardrobe this season!
2. F L O R A L P R I N T S
Floral prints are something I’ve been looking to for quite a few now and I’ve come to the conclusion that the combination between nice and feminine colours with floral prints is a very good way to make your outfit very springy, fresh and renewed. For example, check out these items:
- The dress is from ZARA (you can check it out here) new collection and I think it’s a really good way to start getting into the spring mood!
- The floral blouse is from Zalando, link here
Of course, these are just two of the many ways you can get to see floral prints these season and since I think they’re going to be very trendy, I suggest you to go to your favourite websites and check out what they offer. Sometimes you can also find more subtle prints which will suit you if you don’t want that much “extraness” into your wardrobe, but for those who like to dare, extra floral prints will be largely available for you to try!
3. S U I T S A R E Y O U R B E S T F R I E N D S
…And coloured suits will be even more! Recently I have been obsessed with pink trousers, so I thought I might as well get a pink suit, since one of my goals is to add suits to my wardrobe. They are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion, because they can make you look 100 times more put together and above all elegant. Check this one out! (Please note the two items – the jacket and the pants – are sold separately)
I cant wait to see this one on myself, since I’ve also been wanting to try high waisted pants with a nice big belt. I am currently looking for a bright orange suit, so if you have any suggestion please let me know in the comments below!
4. D R E S S E S A N D M I D I T O L O N G S K I R T S
I’ll be honest, when it comes to any kind of skirt I usually tend to be very picky and eventually get to not wear them, because I never find something that looks the way I want to. But this season, since I’ve seen myself very attracted by dresses and most of all midi to long skirts, I decided I am going to give them a try, since they seem to be very en vogue in the new season. Here are some examples of what’s on my wish list 😉
- The first midi skirt is from Zara (click here to see it) and I absolutely want to try it on myself and see how it looks. The reason why I love these kinds of skirts is that I find them very elegant and feminine and more suitable for me than mini skirts, plus I love the vintage and mature woman vibe they add to your outfit, so I very much encourage you to go to your favourite store and try a bunch of them, maybe with a pair of high heels to give your outfit that extra feminine and sharp look.
- Have you seen how cute this pink and red dress is?! I absolutely think this one is more from someone who likes to dare a bit, so if you’re feeling the fantasy join me and let me know what you think about it! 😉
- This dress is a bit more different since it’s a longer and more sober one (in my opinion): the length of it makes this dress very interesting to try with some nice heels and with the right bag, you’re ready to hit the road on your shopping day! (Or the grocery store, whatever you fancy! :P)
- The last item is this midi skirt from Zalando and it’s definitely more subtle than the other things: as you can see, the main colours are black and white, which will give larger space to your creativity when it comes to accessories, so you can try to add some very nice coloured shoes to match and I’ll guarantee you it’s going to look good!
5. V E R Y B O L D A C C E S S O R I E S
When it comes to accessories, my philosophy is “the more, the merrier” and by saying this I don’t necessarily mean you have to wear a ton of them all at once (but if you want to, just go ahead and do you!); what I mean is, if you collect all the ones you really love and save them you will find that they are a smart way to spice up any outfit, especially the very simple ones: with the right accessories, you can look much more fashionable. Check these ones out:
- The first bag is definitely something I would have never seen myself wearing but I think I’m coming to like colours even more than what I thought so I might as well give this one a try and see how it looks! (Link here if you want to check if out)
- As you’ve seen from the pictures, I’ve been obsessed with this type of earrings so I wanted to try this pinky-white ones which I am already obsessed with! I think they add that extra touch to your look and look super cute. Try to wear them with a neutral outfit and match them to your other accessories such as your bag and your shoes to look more put together. Check them out here
- The third item is a Michael Kors bag (check it out here) and I’m choosing to go towards this fuchsia color, since one of my goals for this season is to get a small fuchsia bag and this one looks very nice to me!
- The fourth item are again these ball shaped earring and this time I chose to go for these white ones: honestly, I think they will look gorgeous with a total white look (another reason to add a white suit to your wardrobe!) and maybe some more coloured shoes and/or bag. Actually I can’t white to style them all together! You can have a closer look at them here
- The next item is this bright orange and pink bag from River Island, which is definitely for someone who likes to go wild when it comes to accessories. I think it’s worth giving it a try, since its colours are going to be very in next season. Check it out here.
- Last but not least, cat eye shaped sunglasses. I’ve been trying to look for sunglasses for a long time now and I always struggle finding something that looks how I want on my face and also, when it comes to them, I think I like so many styles that it is very difficult for me to actually decide what to go for. For the next season, I want to try the already very famous cat eye shaped one because I think they make you look extra sass and particular. Plus, I have imagined this Zara ones paired with those white earring I was talking before, so I can’t wait to what they actually look like.
And that’s it guys! These are just some of the items I would like to try this new season because I feel like when it comes to wearing colours things can get very funny and what’s the point of spending hours and hours doing shopping if you can’t have fun afterwards styling all those goodies you got?! So go ahead and express yourself, because this will be the season we’re expecting to see colours as the main characters of our outfits!
I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for take the time to read my blog, it really makes my day to see that someone likes and appreciates what I do here.
Let me know if I have inspired you in anyway and I will see you guys next time! Bye xx